To reduce body heat - Aloe vera

Things around us always teach us some silent lessons. Aloe vera and Jack fruit are few of these things that tells me the story of "Beauty and the Beast". Just because of their appearance, we cannot avoid them. Coming to Aloe vera, it may appear to be dry and hard plant but it's each leaf contains juicy gel that can be used for various cosmetic and medical purposes.

Here I provide the method of using Aloe vera to reduce body heat. Credits to my MIL, she gave me this health tip when all in our family was suffering from body heat at a same time. My son and I was having stomach ache, my husband was having eye itching and burning sensation. Following this gave us a desirable result. So that made me to post it here.

Requirements:
Aloe vera - 1 medium size leaf
Palm sugar - 2-3 tbs
Clean cloth

Directions:
  • Peal the skin of leaf.  click on the link to know How to peal the skin of Aloe vera
  • cut the extract  into small pieces
  • wash  the pieces. (for 7 times. Don't know why. but my mother in law insisted it specifically. It is to be done for auspicious reason. For simple things like this, I don't go for serious research. I simply follow. so it is up to you to follow for 6 more times. If anyone knows the reason, please post it in your comments)
  • tie the pieces in cloth and hang it for half an hour
  • then shift the extracted aloe vera pieces in a bowl
  • Add palm sugar and mix both
  • leave it closed overnight
  • eat 1-2 tbs in empty stomach on next morning 

notes: you can use this mix for continuous 3 days. Don't store more than 3 days.
Many has this aloe vera plant at home in India. Here in California, we get this at Indian and Mexican shops. If you are in US and not finding palm sugar in your grocery store, you can order online. when it is for medical purpose, Palm sugar is preferred to Jaggery or Sugar.


Used for

Body heat
Eye irritation
To deworm



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?