Why making New year resolution is important?

Happy new year to all in advance. 
So far, whatever the new year resolutions I have taken, I almost do it properly. Because I set SMART goals. That is specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time bound. I should actually thank my teacher for helping me in setting up this kind of resolutions. It all started in my 5th standard. I take up very small things as my resolution like, I do home works daily, I improve my handwriting, I learn Thirukural daily, I keep my things organised etc.
There were few resolutions I give up also...

After few years, I understood that whatever resolution I mention as "I can do"... those I am doing, but whatever the resolution I take to give up or anything to change my habit... I am not fulfilling them.  Like, I won't bite my nails, I will stop drinking aerated juices etc...

Then I understood, it is easy to pick up a new habit, but very difficult to give up on one. So, these resolutions really taught me this big lesson and so, I became very careful on all my repeated activities.  When I started ordering pizza more than thrice in a month, I immediately understood, I' m getting addicted to it and stopped it.  When I repeatedly having soda after every meal, I could realize it. This alert comes when you have an understanding  on yourself. Understanding comes, when you know your ability. 

To know your ability, take up a resolution and test whether you can accomplish it. When you accomplish it, you could see the confidence level of your's has also increased. It is all a chain reaction, but everything starts from your small activity of setting up a goal and continues to build with your perseverance. 
Wish you take up, at least one new year resolution every year and also stay strong to accomplish it.



My every year resolution:
1. to stay happy
2. to explore me
3.  to see better me
4.to learn new things

My special resolution this year is to write at least one article per month. 

Comments

  1. Very true Malu! I absolutely agree with your write up.

    Yes! When we take up a resolution, it reminds us as a 'Reminder' not to deviate from our Goals and proves how strong we are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?