Helpless hands with Eczema



Few months after I got comfortable with my household works, I faced a new trouble in handling my routine. Suddenly I saw new cuts and rashes in my right hand, my palm was red and swollen. Soon, it became worse, cuts on every finger (front & back) with bleeding and pain on finger tips; nails became hard, totally my right hand was changed to look like an Hag's hand. 



It might be caused by dish wash liquid, I was new to all kind of household works, so thought, I got allergic to it. So, changed dish wash liquid. But the same problem existed, then I started using gloves for dish washing and applied coconut oil for betterment. No changes. 




My right hand looked totally different from left hand. Dish wash liquid was the cause but it impacted in my all other activities. I could n't cut vegetables, because my hand was hard and couldn't get hold of knife, I couldn't cook, the hot vapor brought more irritation to the fissures. Hair wash, combing hair, folding clothes touching anything and everything hurt me more and injured my hands more.

Tried dishwasher, but it required pre work, that was I need to wipe the oil content before I place the dishes to the dishwasher and I need to wait for the load to accumulate. I was not comfortable with it actually.

Everyday I managed hard to cook and do other works, but can't stop feeling hurt when I couldn't eat with my hands. I eat with spoon and many times, I ask Vetri to mix rice and gravy for me. 

Doctor's suggestion: Spoke to our family Doctor in India, they told it might be eczema and they strongly suggested not to take any medication for skin treatment, if we were expecting for baby. So, we made no Dr appointments here. 

Google Image
What is Eczema? 
Eczema is a condition where patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, red, cracked, and rough. Blisters can also occur. It affects a large section of the American population to a lesser or greater degree.source

I suffered with Hand Eczema. The symptoms I had are, swollen fingers, itching, burning, scaly, deep cuts and bleeding. There are worse conditions where people suffer with blisters and pus. 


Treatments were available, but I was not in a situation to go for any skin treatment. Applied Coconut oil for moisturizing and that has no impact on betterment. Vetri helped me in dish washing.

From Google and my Doctor, I understood, these hand eczema majorly affects people who handles chemicals in their day to day activities. Cleaning, Beautician, Gardener etc. So in my case, the dish washing liquid brought me this horrible eczema into my life and the cold weather in New Jersey escalated it.

Miracle: After many months of difficulty, I left to India for my first delivery, my family saw my hand and shocked like how did I manage to do my work with it. but in a week's time, with no medicine, My horrible hand turned to be normal and no spot of eczema. I don't know how it was possible, whether Indian weather or no dish washing that cured my eczema.

Story continues: After a year, I came to California, this state was not as cold as New Jersey, and I started using gloves for dish washing from the beginning, still the eczema clicked the play button on my hand and the scene of difficulties continued. This time I had a kid too, I need to take care of him, bathing and feeding my kid was also difficult with this hand. Vetri's workplace was far and he left home early and came home late, So, I couldn't depend on him. The second phase of eczema in my life was worse. It got spread to my left hand too. Again pregnancy restricted me from taking treatment for it.

Again I left to India for my second delivery, same that eczema paused it's existence in my hand and started playing again when I returned back. I came back with my mother in law, she helped me in dish-washing, flour mixing, dough making etc.

Eczema, well played it's suspense role in my hand, the morning it may look better, the evening, I ll find cuts and itching, the other day the cuts will disappear. It was unpredictable to me, for what does it get reacted.

However worse my hands are, my responsibilities are same. Higher the responsibility, higher the will power; Higher the will power, lesser the thought of giving up. 

With these burnt hands, I never gave up trying new recipes, new hair styles, new DIY for home decors, actually even typing is hard to me with this hands but I do, because passion matters.

Anyhow, still i suffer with eczema, but finding better with "sidha medicine".

Taking "Kadhirarishta" and applying bermuda grass oil. I wish it gets cured completely and I could see my hands as normal as before. 


Comment if you come across anybody suffering with eczema and suggest some remedies if you know.


Comments

  1. I think loss of vitamin D can cause eczema.. in india u can get vitamin D from natural sunlight.. 👍✌️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?