Why diaper to babies all day?

Do you keep your baby with diaper all the time? This is very common to mothers now, but still there are people who question this with great surprise and I came across this question many times.

I was also against diaper when I was a new mom, I thought this could bring discomfort to kid, rashes, infections or even serious illness in future. As a new mom, I searched for many parenting doubts in Google, many are useful and they are confusing too.  Finally I did, what my mom and mom in law said. Google sometime threatens us more and shakes up our knowledge. That is how I got to know about the serious illness of using diaper but be confident, many studies are only theoretical and not tested.  My write up now is not about the pros and cons of using diaper anyway.

When I was in India, I use diaper to my babies only at night and during travel. But after coming here to California, I found it difficult to manage the cleanliness of home without diaper.

People may question, Does your home more important than your kid's health? Of course cleanliness of home is also more important to baby's health.

When I came to California with my son, he was 1 and half years old and I could potty train him in short period, but when I came back to CA with my daughter, she was only 5 months old and potty training to her seemed to be impossible to her at that age. My Google study on parenting, Doctor's advice, Elders' advise kept me in dilemma and I refused to use diaper to her and tried potty training; but failed to do perfectly with my busy schedule. Resulted in spoiled house.

Is it so difficult to clean the house, if the baby not potty trained properly?


In India, it was tiles flooring whereas here it is carpet flooring. We do laundry everyday in India, here only once or twice in a week. There in India, we sun dry the clothes. whereas, here we could dry only in dryer. Thus dry sheets will get spoiled if dried in dryer as it has some plastic in it and the heat will melt it and its purpose will be washed away.

Understanding the environment, and difficulty in carpet cleaning, I started using diaper to my kid day and night. Not found any discomfort to any one of us now. We held up in a situation where we do not know, how to out go wise people's words, but "sometimes" we have to, because they may not walk on our shoes, may not be aware of this environment. So, it is a must, as a mom, we have to analyse the environment and act accordingly.

You are never lesser parent, if you wear diaper to your baby all day.  you are not less tolerant, just because you don't clean your baby's poop on the floor,. Never mind, if people comment that you became too lazy to take care of your child, because their understanding is known by their comment itself. So just chill.

In General, change diaper to a kid for every 4-6 hrs once.

P.S. People with hard flooring and doing laundry everyday in India may also wear diaper to their baby everyday, it is their way of parenting and they do so to overcome their own difficulties. A mom will always think the best to their kid and will never risk a child's health to her comfort. So, try to understand and provide acceptable advices to overcome the hardship.

Share your advice to overcome diaper rashes and how to potty train the kids at right age in comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?