Introduced to Skype

As I said in my previous post Bye Bye Fiance, Vetri left to US soon after engagement and thus our betrothal life had no hang outs. Communication between betrothal and wedding is far-reaching. So it is our technology that helped for it.

Phone call:
Vetri called me from his new number and asked me to call back, to confirm that everything is fine, in voice call communication. I too called him back but got a response to check the number. It is 1732....... uh! I understood + in front of the number was missing. It is a general thing, when you receive a call, either this + sign or country code+1 may get missed. I corrected and called him back. He picked up the call and questioned, how could you get the line, when my parents couldn't?

I explained him what happened. Got the very first appreciation from him. From that I understood, how that techy guy has undervalued my basic knowledge. 

Call to US cost Rs.6/minute. Then my sister in law suggested a rate cutter,Rs 40/month. With that, US call was Re.1/per minute. I prefer to give missed call only. but this rate cutter helped me in situations when the call got forwarded to voice mail or if he attended mistakenly.

Gmail:


I had a laptop "Toshiba" bought in 2009 without camera. So he gifted me a web camera before he left to US. We had an idea of having video chat but not tried at local. Though we both are familiar with facebook and it's messenger, we were comfortable with gmail chat. (No Whatsapp before 2013). I chat in gmail chat when I was at work, and hang out calls in my night time. I gave 1* at the end of every irritated call that is almost everyday. 

Since Vetri left to US in short notice, he couldn't make prior communication set up to his parents. But he left his laptop to his parents. Though I went to Mysore, I created gmail account and shared username and password to them for easy communication. With the help of their tenant boy, they send mails to Vetri. Also Hang out calls.

Skype:
How do I know skype? Yes, if it was prior to my job, I too would have given a new look to Skype. But in my office, Skype was used for office communication and that is how I opened an account to it. So I asked him to try Skype, but only after discussing with his room mates and their mode of communication, he finalized to choose skype. It was much better than hang out calls and I enjoyed chatting with it's smileys. 

When I went home for a weekend, I installed Skype to my in law's laptop and created them a private account and taught them how to make video call with it.

Even at that moment, I did not realize, that my mother too need a skype account and a lesson to use it. After my wedding, when my VISA got approved, I created a skype account for my mom and now my parents and his parents are cool with this video call. 

Thank you Skype, you are keeping me connected with my family before and after wedding.

How did skype get introduce to your life? share your experience in comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?