My kinda perfect sunday

After becoming a mom of two kids, my dream for long drive and trips on werkends were vanished. But cleaning the house, back to back movies, staying awake in late nights, waking up on next day afternoon also bored. I don't want a lazy weekend anymore. I wanted a change. I want some refreshment in the fresh air.
Decided!!!!!
Beach!!!!


Yes, Saturday night, I packed necessaries for a picnic. When U travel with a kid, even for 1hr journey, you need to pack like picnic only. Because, you will not know, what is exactly needed, so the minimum back up for food and cloth is a must.
Sunday morning, sharp at 6, we woke up to swipe off the  ⏰. I prepared idly for breakfast and packed it. Me and Vetri had our refreshing beverage coffee. Dressed up the kids and all were ready by 6.30.
We headed to Santa Monica Beach but actually with an intention to stop anywhere comfortable before it. The drive to beach was through mountain roads. Traveling in car with windows down and breathing fresh air made us feel more fresh and energetic. Up and down, curves and bends gave those hilly view a heavenly view.
We then joined a beach road, soon after, we spotted a place to enjoy beach waves. Parked the car on the road side and started to walk carefully on a slope to get on beach level.
Spread the cloth on sand and settled down with peace. Udaya started playing in sand with his sand castle kit. Mithra was very much excited and we couldn't stop her from running here and there. I can't resist clicking their happy faces.
After sometime, I saw Vetri immersed in his thoughts. Waves were keep pleading his knees but he did not take away his eyes from the far ocean.  I did not want to disturb him. When someone interacts with nature, letting them alone is the only favor we can do them.
We had our breakfast, played in beach water and built sand castles. After capturing fresh faces in camera and fresh memories in heart,  we waved bye to waves and left to home.
After getting refreshed, I did not want to spoil my day by cooking and doing other routines. So, we decided to dine out. Had a Mediterranean lunch in Panini Cafe.
After coming back, to compensate our early morning sleep, had a power nap and felt refreshed for rest of the day.
This is my kinda perfect Sunday to be spent with the  family. I can feel the happiness of my kids too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?