Seeing my son on stage

My son's Montessori was arranged for their graduation day of the year. Though my son was not going to graduate that year, I was so excited for two reasons. One, it was the first preschool graduation, I was about to watch. second is the primary reason to my excitement: My son Udaya was dancing in that event.
I was informed that they were doing dance practice, but I had no idea what Udaya was doing. He did not say anything about the dance practice. I did not find any excitement in him. After seeing  The picture day, I understood that the arrangements would be big and much organised. All students in the school were not more than 6 years, so dance by them in an organised way could not be possible was my perception but, I was proved wrong when almost 95% the kids did a perfect job on  stage.

The previous day to the event, I visited school and inquired about his costume and time to reach school etc. I always find the communication from school end was poor, so myself went and inquired. They told kids can come to school at usual time and parents at 11 am. Also told that, costumes would be arranged by school themselves. Later, I understood that I reacted bit over, because in India, when there was a function, too many instructions will be given to parents and costume responsibility will mainly be given to parents. Here I found this so cool.

As I was so excited, I dressed up a little bit grand, I wore a blue saree with matching accessories. After dressing up, Vetri told me that I may look odd in the venue, because no other will be in saree. He was true. When we entered the venue, that was a hall in his school campus, many parents and teachers were in western outfits, some of Indian mothers were in salwars and few were in casual jean-tshirt. But I did not find myself odd. Not all exceptional are odd. More over I was complimented for my saree by Udaya's teachers.

I inquired the admin of the school about Udaya, she told that kids were getting dressed for their performance. What a pride in her face! Yes, she was knowing what our kids are capable of and believing that they can do the best. I excused from her and sat on a seat from where dais could be seen well. We were given a pamphlet of the event. Agenda of the event was mentioned in it. I guessed Udaya's dance show. Vetri was ready with camera to take pics of him. By the time, we done our photo session with our little princess, who also looked great that day.

Graduating kids arrived with greeting applause from all of us. Suddenly, we both doubted, what if Udaya started crying to come to us, we thought to hide first, then decided to see what was happening. Udaya entered in a queue with his batch mates. All were wearing a white XXL t-shirts with purple color moon jelly fish embedded in it. They were also wearing a cartoon cap on their head. Udaya spread his smile to us with blushes and went holding his teacher's hand. Felt  relaxed. None of his classmates cried. They were all seated in front in their tiny chairs.

1st, graduating group presented their show, next was Udaya's team. Teachers assisted them to stand in their place. Their dance teacher was dancing in front of the kids by standing off the stage. His class teacher danced with a crying boy on the stage. There are two other teachers dancing on the stage side, so that the kids could follow them.


My little master Udaya was following the lyrics. They were practiced for the song move your arms like Hendry. He rounded, shook his hand, stomped his foot, pointed on us, pointed on himself, I could say perfection overloaded.
I must thank the teachers, who has really put in so much of effort in making the kids understand the lyrics, follow the rhythm and mainly in bringing them out of stage fear.
Then the event followed with another dance show. Finally the graduation ceremony. All the graduating kids came back with their graduation gown and cap. Each were given their pre school completion degree and were asked about their dream.
It is astonishing to hear from little kids about their future goals. "I want to become a nurse", "I want to become a Cop" and goes on.

Lunch buffet was arranged. We done with our lunch and left waving hands to our friends. Of course, Thanked the School Admin for the wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?