How did I overcome my loneliness?

I got stuck in a deep loneliness, when I was newly married and flew to US with my husband. It was an arranged marriage, so anyone can understand the time it takes to feel companionship with the partner. Due to geographical change and time constraints, I can't be in touch with my beloved family and friends as before. After my husband left to office, the silence inside and outside house are the same. No known people around me. scrolling the news feed of Facebook, made me feel that everybody in the world are so busy with their lives and I got struck up in an island. Then the fear of missing out has come in me.

An idle mind is devil's workshop right. The devil in me made me to think too much and ended up doing nothing but to worry and feel useless. . I wished to engage myself in something interesting. Obviously, that was the time, I was learning cooking. So, I put in some more effort and started exploring in my kitchen and came out with different recipes. I started to take pictures of it, later I could make it an album called Foodys in my Facebook account.

It is easy to get bored on anything we work on too much. Similarly, I want to give a break on kitchen experiments. Again the enthusiast in me started feeling bored. Then I took a U turn to the memories of my school and college days, Those days of group discussions, assignments, projects and paper submissions flashed me in my closed eyes. Then I could see a bulb on my side, brightening my face with the idea of paper submissions.

Taking a topic, reading and learning much about it and writing a detailed article with my findings and suggestions, is what I do on my paper submissions. I wanted to try it again. 


Obviously my choice of topic after marriage has changed from management, finance and marketing to "Do it yourself" ideas, tours and travels, cooking, parenting and home management. One thing that stayed common in my writing, before and after marriage is book review, movie review and character sketch.

Signed up to a publishing site IndiastudyChannel, started posting articles on general topics. To see my life in words, I created my  own blog Indian Married Girl in America, and unfolded my life events in my version.Love for reading and writing keeps me active. The must part of article writing is, you need loneliness.
It is 5 years of married life. I am no more alone now.  Finding great companionship with Vetri, blessed with two kids to disturb me enough. I may be officially dependent of Vetri, but being a responsible homemaker, Vetri and kids are dependents of mine.

Responsibilities may pull me back. Cooking and cleaning may eat my energy and time. Still, my passion helps me finding the "me" time to pen down my thoughts. Loneliness can be temporary or long term, but they can be a blessing or curse, decided by the way we use it.

Check out my published articles by clicking here

Comments

  1. Ur blog was an inspiration to me... Expecting many more to read from u and implement... Thank u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep reading and your comments encourage me to write more. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Well said my frd..actually going through a tough time nw...ur article made d bulb glow in my head also...thanks..keep up d good work .WAY TO GOOO...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charanya. let the bulb brighten your life. Make use of your time and energy positively.

      Delete
  3. Amazing read Srimathi :). I loved the way you have unfolded your journey so far. Would love to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most truest purest words I’ve heard

    thanks for sharing with us <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an extremely healthy perspective and is refreshing.You should be proud of yourself. Thank you for your "ME" time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for spending some time to read my blog.

      Delete
  6. Hey who are you girl??!!!!!! Everyone pushed in to that situation but bounce back with positivity without Lament.. u did it 👍💪 and the word u mentioned here i.e they’re dependent you now 👑

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?