Bye Bye my fiance

When I got engaged, Vetri was not tagged as an "American mappilai". He was only looking for onsite opportunity. This is what we knew. Suddenly a week after engagement, in an evening call, he told me that he might go to US in a week. To be frank, I am neither excited nor sad. That was an empty feel, "so, what should I do? inform my mom?". He asked me to do so after a final confirmation from his Manager.
On the next weekend, we both met in our home town. I came exclusively to send him off to US. 
That was the second time we met in same Jalagandeeswar Temple after engagement. That was all our hang out history in "betrothal to wedding" period. I gifted him a fastrack watch, that was my favorite brand. Later in Airport, I heard that he left it back in his room itself. I just gulped my anger and gave a plain look, I was not interested to show up my emotions. After all few more hours left to say bye.

Yes, I went to Chennai Airport with him and with my in laws. we all went to vacate his room first. He shared that room for almost 5 years with 3 guys. It was a 2bhk house in Ist floor. First I thought, no one was at home, but he told me, his room mates were sleeping in the next room. Even my in laws did not care to see who they are. Those guys also not curious to see his room mate's fiance. It might be a late night, still....
Started thinking, is it his room mates' nature - staying together but not peeping into the other one's life. Or his it Vetri's nature to stay together but defining the border line that not to be crossed. 

Chennai International Airport:

That was the first time, I was entering an Airport. Vetri got into another entrance with his luggage. I followed my in laws. After checked in his luggage, he came back to us. we met in a hall with a barricade. I stood quiet when they all speaking. I excused to restroom, so that his parents will have some lonely time with him. Later, they went to rest in lobby chair, we got some private time. Both had nothing to speak. I asked for his contact details, he just assured me to call back as soon as he reaches there. After few minutes, my in laws joined us. Finally we all waved a bye. Of course, my MIL eyes were filled with tears. I felt to console her, but I thought it is common and better to stay calm.

Then, returned back to Vellore. All I remember, was the time I got into the car. I woke up only when we entered our city.  I checked my msgs. Vetri had sent a good bye message. omg, I should have replied immediately. "Better be late, than Never", so I sent,  "take care my fiance, bon voyage, bye bye".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?