I din't know that I love you so much, until I miss you

I have read many quotes mentioning, "value everything that you have, because you may not know when you will miss it". I realized it in your absence. I feel guilty for not honoring you, I feel guilty for taking you for granted, I feel guilty for not giving you much priority.

How can I do so? How can I be that ungrateful to you, when you always helped me and stood supportive. I did not realize that, you are the reason for my peaceful nights and long sleeping hours. I realized it, when I found it difficult to overcome the nightmare of hustle bustle mornings. I could n't start my day without you, and I can't go to bed without thinking of you. I may not appreciated your presence, but remember, my life is not easy without you. It is a late awakening... I openly confess that I can't live without you. 

Idly - My savior, I love you so much.



Due to inevitable situation, my household items were delayed to reach us. However I managed my breakfast with varieties of upma and pongal,  my longing for idly grown up day after day. Even Maggi noodles couldn't help me for that matter. If I were asked about this before wedding, I might have not felt this way. But after becoming a home maker, I got connected to this steamed food very much. As I told before, when idly batter is ready, I can have a peaceful sleep. I snooze my alarm multiple times to extend my sleep; in the weekends, I even turn off my alarm to sleep, because making idly is just a 10 mins job with no added spices and no sauteing. After placing the idly plates into the steaming pot, I am free to have my hot cup of coffee and at the end of the last sip, my main dish for the breakfast is ready. 

I could have bought the dosa batter from store, but that doesn't give me the fluffy idly and of course not economical. As soon as I got my wet grinder back, the first thing I did was, soaking the idly rice with urad dal and I prepared my idly batter. It was so cool to see my batter ready to cook on next morning. Do you think, that I don't miss chutney for idly? Yes I do, but Idly is great to eat with molaka podi too. 

Since my mixer grinder also arrived, my usual breakfast Idly, chutney was prepared with additional yummy combination of medhu vada and sambhar. I am back to my normal life, my kitchen is complete with Mixer grinder and wet grinder, my fridge is complete with Idly batter and my day is peaceful with idly chutney. 

 Idly chutney may not be a show stopper but obviously my day starter. Love you Idly - my savior. 

Comments

  1. Love for idily can only be understand by the Tamil married girls,easy to make,taste to eat and always has a nostalgic magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Difficult for others to understand this feel

      Delete
  2. Dam true... Before marriage.... it's just idly .... But after marriage....n staying far.....I got my perfect idly after two years.... Bcz I used mixer.... Now got my grander back....now I too geeting peaceful sleep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Helpless hands with Eczema

Printable Worksheets for K-2

What will you answer, when your kids ask about Draupadi?